My 365

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

My day started out pretty swimmingly.  I had plans to go to the park, the kids were excited and when the kids get excited about something they are shockingly more cooperative.  It always helps to have something to hold over their head. ;)  Then my super fabulous FRG leader calls me and asks if I would be willing to start a newsletter for all our FRG gals.  I was so excited at this prospect.  I mean, stupid excited.  I called my mom, plastered it all over facebook, texted my friends and then in middle of all of it Mike IM'd me.  I started off the conversation with a boisterous "GUESS WHAT???".  Of course, he is either thinking, "oh, crap what now?"  or, "geez, she's hitting the Monster a little early".  So after I filled him in on the "big news" (you'd think I was pregnant or something) he of course shared in my excitement.  It makes me even more giddy to think that I might have a hand in something that all his buddies and coworkers can see and he will be able to say, "my wife did that".  I just want him to be proud of me.  This project is just the thing I've been looking for.  I needed something to do, a purpose, an outlet.  Prayers were answered.

So I've been flying high on this all morning.  Then we get to the park.  It seemed like a good idea at the time, but then again I forgot that I'm living on the first floor of hell.  It was SO hot.  It was so hot that the breeze, and I use this term loosely, felt like someone standing in front of you with a hair dryer on full blast.  We tried to play soccer, but it felt like my feet were melting to the astro turf.  Yeah, it was that hot.  So we bailed and came home. 

Did I mention I have my stepkids for the next two weeks?  It's a lot of fun having them here and the two little ones are in heaven.  But with two extra kids, comes extra mess.  It just goes with the territory.  Coming home to a house that was an absolute disaster, more than usual, wasn't exactly the soothing balm to my pending heat stroke.  So I found the playstation and decided to once again use my powers of bribery and told the kids that if they helped me clean up I would hook it up for them (insert evil laugh).  When I go to put a t.v. into the spare bedroom, lifting the thing by myself and setting everything else up I realized just a little too late that this t.v. didn't have the right connections.  Off to Gracie's room I go.  I get it set up again and everything is almost working until I discover the little drive thingy (yes that is a technical term) that you put the game in won't open.  Then when I get it open, it won't close.  Broken.  Awesome. 

Later I was in the upstairs bathroom and as I flushed the toilet I could feel the chain to the little plunger thingy (yes, another technical term - I know what I'm talking about!) snap.  So then I spend the next 10 minutes with my hands in a toilet tank trying to reattatch this stupid chain.  But this chain just doesn't want to go home.  Broken.  Rad.

Even though my day went from good to bad I'm not gonna let it get to me.  I guess I'm still riding high on my wave of giddiness.  Keep on truckin!

No comments:

Post a Comment