My 365

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

A touch of crazy...

Well, as most of you already know I have somehow contracted pneumonia and have been out of commission all week.  I am feeling a little out of touch with the world and let's face it, with reality.  I am also on some icky medicine that gives me some pretty wicked insomnia, which is contributing to the crazy.  So I'm here to give you a little taste of the crazy that lives inside me!  This confession goes back to days of childhood where I was scared of alligators and eventually gremlins (thanks to the 80s movie) coming out of the toilet and biting me.  These days it's not reptiles or fictional monsters that I fear...it's bugs.  All bugs, really, but especially spiders.  I hate 'em.  Yet another thing to add to the list of things I miss about Mike, is having to kill the creepy crawlies myself.  So usually after I squish the bug I pick it up with toilet paper and flush it.  I never throw them away, because I am convinced they will crawl out of the trash can and get me.  So after I flush a bug, then later go to use the facilities a crazy thought always crosses my mind.  I fear that the bug I flushed is not dead, but waiting.  Training, getting stronger and just waiting for the prime opportunity to exact it's revenge on my nether regions.  Logical?  No.  But a thought I always have nevertheless.  Does anyone else have a crazy, neurotic and completely unrealistic fear like that?  Maybe it's just me, then.  Oh, well.  On a side note, another danger of insomnia is internet shopping.  I just purchased a couple of headbands for myself and I personally think they're adorable.  Here is a picture of one of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment